Podcasts are audio-only “shows,” to put it as simply as possible. Think of listening to NPR, but about anything/everything. Most podcasts run 30min-2 hours, and they are almost always themed. Many podcasts have segments.
Your podcast should be about something related to esports. You will pitch your ideas to Dr. Phill week 3. Other than making sure it relates to esports, you can do anything else you’d like with your podcast.
The grading criteria will be:
- Does the podcast have a clear theme that follows through the content? (20 points)
- Is it well-edited/does it stay engaging (no down time, no long stretches of stalling, of “ums,” coughing, etc.) (20 points)
- Is it at least 30 minutes long but not over 2 hours? (20 points)
- Is the content quality– meaning it’s not repetitive, it’s interesting and contemporary enough to hold an audience’s interest, it keeps the listener’s attention (20 points)
- Is it listenable? Have considerations been given to the medium– things like sound effects, music, having more than one person speaking, speaking clearly, not trailing off, etc. (20 points)