This internship is turning into a great hands-on learning opportunity for you. Your manager has tasked you with proposing a talent management plan for pilots at Southwest Airlines. Your proposal will be considered by the Director of HR to make a formal plan.
Be specific in your response.
Develop a 3- to 4-page proposal that includes the following:
- A recommendation of 3 recruitment sources that are best suited to recruit pilots. Consider the number of resumes generated, the percentage of resumes likely to result in accepted offers, the time to fill a position, and the cost to fill a position.
- An evaluation of common methods used to select a candidate
- Recommend 3 methods for selecting new pilots. In your evaluation, consider reliability, validity, utility, and legality.
- An evaluation of common methods used to train and develop employees
- Recommend 3 methods for training pilots at Southwest Airlines. Consider learning and development outcomes, cost of training and development, the effectiveness of training and development, and risks.
- An evaluation of common performance management systems
- Recommend 1 method for performance management of pilots at Southwest Airlines. Consider strategic congruence, validity, reliability, acceptability, and specificity.
- An evaluation of common methods to minimize voluntary turnover
- Recommend 1 approach to retain pilots at Southwest Airlines. Consider methods for retaining employees, meeting pilot needs, and cost.
Cite all sources. Include two in text citations at a minimum.