Reading Summaries: Matheson, Richardson and Foucault.
write 3 paragraphs or part for each them.
Summary Rubic: (Underline for each questions)
– What is the thesis or main point of the reading?
– What are the supporting argument or material?
– What is the conclusion?
Course introduction: Defining visual literacy as a general construct. The intertext, the hypotext and the hypertext as a general framework for considering visual literacy.
• Carl Matheson: The Simpsons, Hyper-Irony and the Meaning of Life
• Kelly L. Richardson. “Simpsons Did It!”: South Park and the Intertextuality of Contemporary Animation
• Michel Foucault. This is Not a Pipe (Excerpt)