The link for the reading is;
tHE LINK IS UP, IT IS NOT A LONG READING. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ CAREFULLY. NO OUTSIDE SOURCES ARE ALLOWED, BUT YOU CAN USE OPINIONS AND EXAMPLES.
AT LEAST 5 PARAGRAPHS AND AT LEAST 2 PAGES.
In a well developed and supported five paragraph essay, explain whether you believe the journalist is correct by stating that “technology is slowly killing romance” (Moore). By extension, argue if you think technology is helping or hurting human relationships.Use strong opinions and examples to support your assertion.
Remember that in order to have three body paragraphs, you will need to select three supporting reasons either in favor for technology or against it when it comes to relationships (platonic or romantic).
Integrate at least one quote from the reading.This quote should be an idea that you either strongly agree with or even disagree with.Insert it in an area that is on the same point.
- Paragraph One: Introduction/Introductory Strategy
- Paragraph Two: Body Paragraph
- Paragraph Three: Body Paragraph
- Paragraph Four: Body Paragraph
- Paragraph Five: Concluding Paragraph/Concluding Strategy
- Try to begin with an interesting hook (quote, question, analogy, statistic, story/anecdote)
- Connect to the reading – what is the title of the reading, who is the author, and briefly explain what it is about
- Establish your opinion on the topic
- What is your first reason for believing the way you do? Explain specifically.Give examples from the reading and life. Begin with a topic sentence that states what the body paragraph’s main idea is.
- What is your second reason for believing the way you do? Explain.
- What is your third reason for believing the way you do? Explain.
- Make a prediction – what are the future implications:How do you see relationships evolving in the next 50 or so years? Reiterate your position.
Your thesis statement needs to express an opinion you have on Moore’s idea of text messaging as well as your own feeling about texting and technology’s impact on relationships since these are the major points you will be covering in your essay.
MLA Formalities:12 point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, full heading (your name, my name, course and date) – write the heading on the top left-hand side