Today, there are many laws that address different acts of computer crimes. Select one of the laws presented in Chapters 3 and 4 of the textbook.
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you:
- Identify the chosen law and evaluate its impact on society in the United States or global environment.
- Describe the penalties and fines that exist for offenders of the selected law.
- Use your textbook, the Internet, and Strayer Library to research news articles and judicial cases that provide details on how this law was exercised and realized convictions.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the law at convicting offenders to determine any modifications that should be made to the law.
- Suggest a change or ratification of the law and explain how your changes will impact society as well as those convicted of the crime.
- Summarize the challenges the prosecution faced in a trial from your research and whether you believe they could have handled the challenges differently.
- Use the Strayer Library to find at least four academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites are not considered quality references.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose modifications to a computer crime law, including potential impacts and strategies for more effective prosecutions.