This activity will help prepare you for the assignment in Week 3. For this activity, you will choose an organization to research and create questions to ask as part of that research.
Your Week 3 assignment ask you to research the financial condition for a specific healthcare organization of your choice. You will need to submit a Microsoft Word document with each of the following:
- Use the Strayer Library?or another verified source?to identify a healthcare organization of interest. This should be 12 sentences that clearly identify the chosen healthcare organization and provide a high-level overview of what kind of organization it is and who the organization serves.
- You will want to be sure there is plenty of information available about the organization, particularly financial information. This means youll likely need to choose a large organization that is required to make financials public.
- To gain a better understanding of the financial condition of your chosen healthcare organization, its budget preparation process, and fiscal planning strategies, you will develop five questions that you will answer as part of your research. Ideally, these would be questions you would ask a management official responsible for the financial planning for the organization. Provide a rationale for the questions you chose.
- Think about questions that will give you insight into what the company looks for when preparing their yearly budget, their fiscal planning strategies, and how they monitor their financial condition throughout the year and make adjustments as needed.
- Note: You may also choose to use these questions to interview a financial manager within a healthcare organization. The interview would then be the source of your information instead of the research.