The purpose of the major scholarly writing assignment (objectives):
- Apply principles of the ANA Code of Ethics provisions. (CO3, PO 5,8)
- Describe lateral violence. (CO1, 3; PO 4, 5, 8)
- Identify factors contributing to lateral violence. (CO1, 3; PO 4, 5, 8)
- Discuss strategies to prevent or decrease lateral violence. (CO1, 3; PO4, 5, 8)
- Explore the influence of legal/ethical accountability on quality and safety in the delivery of care.(PO 5, 8)
- Explore the impact of caring collaborative relationships within interprofessional teams to promote evidence-based care and quality patient outcomes.(PO 4,8)
- Properly formatted outlines will include the following:
- Use of the correct font type and size as required by APA.
- Title page not required for this assignment ONLY; however, correctly formatted running head and page number should be included (see example)
- A draft introduction paragraph with a proposed thesis statement which is clearly indicated.Bolded or underlined font will help easily identify your thesis statement.
- Outline of the body of paper including at least FIVE proposed paragraph topic sentences as per the MEAL plan.(See Writing Resources in CourseDen content).
- Incorporation of Watson’s Caring Theory and application of at least THREE of the 10 caritas.
- Outline of a conclusion that will summarize the paper.
- Reference page with correctly formatted references for sources intended to be used in the final paper.
- Use of at least five scholarly sources (journal article, book, reputable website) that are appropriate for the topic of discussion.Sources should be screened carefully to ensure they are primary sources.
- NOTE: Inclusion of sources on the outline does not require inclusion on final paper.After completing the outline, should you find additional or different sources you may make changes as needed.