1a) “Why do we need to understand data visualisations? There is more and more data around us, and data are increasingly used in decision-making, journalism, and to make sense of the world. One of the main ways that people get access to data is through visualisations, but lots of people feel like they don’t have the skills and knowledge to make sense of visualisations. This can mean that some people feel left out of conversations about data.” – http://seeingdata.org/developing-visualisation-literacy/
Choose three of your favorite visualizations. Post a 3 – 5 sentence summary (for each) of why you chose the visualizations. What catches your attention? Are these visuals effective in presenting the provided data? If possible, explain what you would do to improve the visualization(s).
1b) Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Analyze the given case study on security breach.
- Recommend controls to avoid an enterprise security breach.
Read the text sheet named “Local Breach of Sensitive Online Data” and address the following:
Using what you have learned about security breaches, describe what measures should have been taken by the educational service and test preparation provider to avoid the security breach mentioned in the text sheet.
- Text sheet: Local Breach of Sensitive Online Data (ts_localbreach)
Use the following checklist to support your work on the assignment:
- I have engaged in a discussion of the assigned topics with at least two of my peers.
- I have raised questions and solicited peer and instructor input on the topics discussed.
- I have articulated my position clearly and logically.
- I have supported my argument with data and factual information.
- I have provided relevant citations and references to support my position on the issue discussed.
- I have compared and contrasted my position with the perspectives offered by my peers and highlighted the critical similarities and differences.
- I have solicited peer and instructor feedback on my arguments and propositions.
- I have offered a substantive and critical evaluation of my peer’s perspective on the issues that is opposite of mine, and supported my critical review with data and information.
- I have followed the submission requirements.