Use the business writing format for this class for all assignments – lead sentence, no forbidden words,etc. Assignments are NOT to be written conversational style or essay style. The strength of your business writing skills will be included when grading the assignment. In other words, even if a question asks your opinion, respond using business professional tone.
1. What did you find to be the most helpful and least helpful part of this week’s reading and lecture?
2. Review the benefits an entrepreneur might seek in starting a new business. Which benefits are most appealing to you? Why?
3. Do you recognize any of the entrepreneurial personality characteristics in yourself? Which ones? Do you think it’s possible for a person to develop the characteristics that he or she lacks? Why or why not?
4. What role does failure sometimes play in entrepreneurial success? What can an entrepreneur gain from failure?
5.How could you convince family and friends to support your new business launch? What kind of assurances would they need? What could you do to keep the funding relationships professional? If you were to launch a new business would you start from scratch, buy an established independent business, or buy a franchise? Why or why not?
6. Suggestions for clarification, improvement, and anything else you would like to share.
Chapter 4: Business Ethics and Social Responsibility: Doing Well by Doing Good
Chapter 6: Business Formation:Choosing a Form that Fits
Chapter 7: Small Business and Entrepreneurship