- Weight: 11% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Tuesday, 10/08/2019 11:59 PM (CST)
Preincident Plan NEEDS TO BE A BUILDING IN POTEET TEXAS 78065
As discussed in the unit lesson, there are 15 items which should be considered when performing a preincident plan:
- apparatus and manpower,
- life hazards,
- water supply,
- auxiliary appliances,
- street conditions,
- area and height,
- location and extent,
- hazardous materials,
- communications, and
- command structure.
For this assignment, you have been tasked to create a three-page plan where you have identified a building in your area for which to create a preincident plan. Your plan should include the following items.
- Include a title page.
- Provide a picture of the building being reviewed and name and address of it.
- List each of the 15 items, and discuss them for building selected. If the item is not applicable or not known, discuss why or “what-ifs.”
- Define the building construction type of this building.
- Identify what levels of protection exist in this building.
- Analyze various principles of fire chemistry and fire dynamics.
- Discuss the impacts fire could have on the emergency situations in this building.
- Detail the actions to be taken by personnel in an emergency.
- Include a reference page with at least your textbook.
Your report should be at least three pages (not counting the title or reference pages). The report should utilize APA guidelines. Include at least your textbook as a source and reference any additional sources that you may use.