Choose a public project put out for open bid whose information and RFP are publicly available online or any other construction project to whose RFP you have access. In part, the intent of this assignment is to evaluate your skills in finding these resources. You need to search construction bid opportunities lists that local and federal agencies provide. You can also review some of the archived bids and find out the current status of those projects. Chapter Section 2.6 of the textbook identifies a few resources where construction bids are advertised. Research the building/project and identify the project type, the primary players, and other information.
Prepare a narrative of a maximum three pages that answers the following questions:
- What is the project, where is it located, and what is the project scope of work?
- Who are the primary players on the project (e.g., owner, architect/designer, general contractor)?
- How much was the contract for the building or project?
- How long did the project take to build or will it take, given the completion schedule?
- What are some modern methods of construction or emerging management techniques used (or that you recommend be used)?
Your paper should conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).