Each assignment in this course builds to a whole website on multiple devices, of which this basic home page is the start. Make sure to think about that as you choose your topic and understand that you will build on your work through the other assignments.
For this assignment, you will design, create, and deploy a simple web page using HTML code. You are expected to document your design process and submit both that reflection document and the HTML file to Blackboard.
Documentation: Document your design process (approx. 150 – 200 words).
- Describe why you chose the topic.
- Describe the design decisions you made for the page and explain why you made those decisions (for example: placement of text, images, etc.).
- Describe the process to implement your decisions for your home page design.
Design: Choose a topic that interests you for the webpage/website (for example: about yourself, a favorite hobby, or a topic of interest like running, cooking, tennis, embroidery, puppies, etc.). Name your file index.html. The home page should include:
- At least one body of text
- At least one image
- At least three hyperlinks to external websites
- Use at least three of the following style tags:
- Font Size
- Font Family
- Font Color